Pioneer in retail bancassurance in Italy, BNP PARIBAS Cardif is currently among the top 10 insurance companies in Italy (Source: ANIA 2012) thanks to a philosophy based on creating innovative solutions, know-how diversification, pooling of experience, client focus and service quality.
The Italian market
The second domestic market after France, BNP Paribas Cardif is present in Italy with Cardif Vita S.p.A. and the two Life and Property & Casualty branches, Cardif Assurance Vie and Cardif Assurances Risques Divers.
The Mission of BNP Paribas Cardif is to insure people, their families, their properties and their savings.
The range of insurance products is designed to provide customers with the certainty that they will be able to calmly deal with the unforeseen events of life.
The service provided by BNP Paribas Cardif in Italy is designed primarily to complement the products offered by its commercial partners.
The product are distributed through three channels: Retail Banking, Partnership (bank, financial institution, and large-scale retail companies) and Digital.
Insurance solutions range
- Personal Protection: the line aimed to individual and/or his family which offers a complete protection when specific events covered by the policy occur, providing for an indemnity or payment of unforeseen expenses or supplementing the family income when it drops. The provision of these products is not necessarily tied to a financial product (stand-alone distribution).
- Property and Casualty: the line which insures clients’ properties against multiple accidents and guarantees an indemnity that compensates the financial loss suffered. This range of insurance products is designed to protect properties, credit cards, payment means, house and cars against unforeseen events of life.
- Creditor Protection Insurance: the line of products designed for banks, financial and other institutions that extend credit to households or businesses. The policy, always offered in conjunction with a financial product, takes over payment of one or more instalments or the outstanding amount when the insured party suffers one of the events covered by the policy.
- Savings: three lines of products (Multi-Support, Traditionals and Pension) dedicated to all those customers who need to earn or invest their savings through flexible and innovative solutions without renouncing the exclusive advantages of the insurance world.
BNP Paribas Cardif’s mission is the insurance of individuals, their families and property. BNP Paribas Cardif markets products and services in the Protection and Savings sectors through the intermediation of various partners.
BNP Paribas Cardif is one of the top 15 insurance companies in Europe with a strong position in Europe, Asia and Latin America. (Source: internal study based on competitors’ volumes).
The three main distribution channels are:
- The BNP Paribas Retail Banking sales networks: in France, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg
- Partners: banks, financial institutions and large-scale retail companies
- Brokers: networks of independent financial advisors, brokers and the internet