The Bank is perceived as responsive despite the current climate of a slow economic recovery: positive performance of the major financial margins and assets as a whole.
The BNL banca commerciale (commercial bank) (BNL bc)* presents stable overall results** (% changes compared to 2009)
– increase in intermediation (+1.5%)
– operating costs continue to fall (-0.7%)
– improvement in cost/income ratio equal to 1.3 pp (58.8%)
– increase in gross operating profit (+4.8%)
– increase in deposits (+2.7%); slight increase in loans (+0.3%)
– increase in cost of risk (+21.1%) although stabilised in the last quarters
– profit before tax equal to Euro 432 million (-17.2%)
*BNL banca commerciale (commercial bank) (BNL bc), is the commercial banking department of the BNP Paribas Group in Italy, and represents the Group’s second largest national market. BNL bc offers a full and varied range of banking, finance and insurance products and services, from the traditional to the most innovative of forms. It aims to meet the requirements of its customers: private individuals, families, businesses and public administrations.
**Data from BNL bc 2009 pro-forma results, including data from the Italian branch of Fortis and BNP PARIBAS Personal Finance Bank.